Just watching yesterday’s London marathon made me exhausted if not ravenous, so I was delighted to see the next best thing – a food marathon. Over 10 weeks, Alexi Duggins will be eating the equivalent of 26,000 calories with one challenge a week.
These include eating:
- 1.1 kilos of ribs and 400g of fries to break the existing record of 11m 53 seconds @ Porky’s, Camden
- a jalapeño filled burger, jalapeño-coated chilli dog and chilli-cheese fries submerged with (you guessed it) jalapeños. In ten minutes @ Meat Liquor
- a two-foot long sausage roll within a five-minute time limit @ the County Arms, Wandsworth
- two pork knuckles, a huge pile of chips and sauerkraut, plus two pints of lager @ the Octoberfest Pub, Fulham
- four large breakfast fry-ups in 45 minutes @ the Wonder Café, Uxbridge
- a jumbo shepherd’s pie in 20 minutes @ The Pride of Paddington pub
- six chicken wings coated in Naga Viper chilli sauce in 10 minutes – apparently the sauce is so hot, you have to wear gloves and sign a waiver beforehand. No water allowed. @ Red Dog Saloon, Hoxton
- a gigantic, two-kilo calzone stuffed with mozzarella, goats’ cheese, ham, olives and sun-dried tomatoes @ Amici Restaurant, Holloway
- Three 1.5lb burgers with BBQ pulled pork, a double portion of chips and two pints of Meantime London Pale Ale within one hour @ the Thirsty Bear pub, Blackfriars
- a 7lb burger containing 1/2lb of cheddar, seven rashers of bacon, plus 1lb of chips and a milkshake containing two scoops of ice-cream @ Black’s Burgers, Croydon
All these challenges are open to anyone with prizes ranging from a free meal to a free t-shirt – I like the look of the 7lb burger. It’s never been done! Whoa.
Good luck with your challenge, Alexi. We’ll be following you on timeout.com/boyvsfood